I offer ongoing individual therapy (50 minutes) and assessments/consultations with couples (usually three 75 minute sessions with the couple and two 50 minute one-on-one's) from which I can provide clear and direct feedback about the dynamics unfolding in the partnership and treatment recommendations. I do not provide couples therapy at this time.
My therapeutic support is experiential and bottom-up. What does this mean?
In our sessions we will talk, but we will also practice with things in the moment in the session, rather than only giving you homework to go and practice on your own. For example, we will pause and practice working with the 'felt sense' - with liberative or difficult sensations or emotions in the moment - in our sessions. In my experience, simply challenging/shifting the content of the thoughts doesn't provide lasting change for clients - the content of the thoughts is arising from certain physiological states and as we work with the nervous system and body the thoughts/perceptions shift over time in a more stable and integrated way. As a result, our work will center supporting the body and physiology, rather than talking through the 'problems' or doing cognitive interventions. Lastly, in our work we will practice following the wisdom of the body - letting the process be emergent - rather than 'leading'. In my experience learning to allow an 'organic' unfolding also allows the most integrated and powerful shifts in our process.
I have found that client's who already have an investment in, and practices that support, their growth and embodiment get the most out of work with me. As such, I only take on clients who already have some form of contemplative practice in which they engage regularly.
My specialty areas are:
- Therapy where we don't just focus on problems, but give attention to and build up the resources, resilience and coherence that is already present
-Helping people cultivate embodiment and find greater authenticity and healthy disinhibition
-Supporting people in returning to the many aspects of our humanity from which we may feel currently cut off (play, rest, healthy aggression, intuition, enjoyment, etc).
- Body-based/experiential therapy for trauma
- The intersection of body-based therapy for trauma/somatic experiencing and spirituality
- Supporting folks who are having adverse affects from meditation or for whom meditation practice has lifted trauma
- Psychological support that is holistic/feminist/anti-racist and supports reclamation of our relationship with nature and indigenous and intuitive ways of knowing and healing (for ex. ritual, cultivating interconnection/belonging)
- Clients who want to incorporate awareness of cultural conditioning/context/identity into their therapeutic work/anti-oppression rooted therapy
- Guidance for one's spiritual practice/mindfulness practice
All my work is attachment savvy and incorporates Inner Relationship Focusing (similar to Internal Family Systems).
I do not accept insurance. My standard fee is $125 a session. For those for whom this fee would be prohibitive, or who would like to offer a higher fee in support of those who need a lower fee, I offer a sliding fee scale that ranges from $80 to $160 a session. The 80-125 range of the scale is offered freely to those who have need of it, and the 125-160 range of the scale is for folks who can afford to offer more generously in support of those who need lower fees/the sustainability of my sliding fee offerings. Fees are usually set in discussion with one another as we begin our work and can be adjusted as needed when circumstances change. My fee scale is part of my ongoing commitment to being in community in ways that acknowledge and celebrate that we're all located differently and support us in giving and receiving according to our need and ability.
I am happy to provide super bills for you to submit to insurance for out of network reimbursement.